Which is the Best Android App Development Framework for Your Project in 2022?
In 2021, Android seized over 85% of the global market share. Smartphone users are employing apps for many activities like booking tickets, shopping grocery, entertainment, and traveling. App development companies are leaving no stone untouched in developing amazing mobile apps. Therefore, in a big crowd of mobile apps in the app store, it is very difficult to catch users’ attention by beating the competition. Mobile app development consists of various aspects to make it successful in the market. As the community of Android mobile app development became bigger, so did its ecosystem. Today, many Android frameworks, tools, and other technologies are available in the app development market. But, the question is how to choose which one is best for your business? Let’s start by looking at the new Android frameworks for mobile app development in 2022.
This blog describes the in-depth information about each Android framework and will help you choose the best framework for your app’s development in 2022.
Flutter is the most recent mobile app development SDK which Google developed to build mobile, web, and desktop applications. This is an open-source framework for building cross-platform apps by its unique way of developing native-like applications. It consists of highly customizable features that help faster development of cross-platform apps in a native style performance. This framework is written in Dart language and uses a single codebase, therefore, it is highly reliable for the quick development of user-friendly apps. The Flutter framework benefits heavily from a 2D rendering engine called Skia. The visuals that are generated using Skia look like the Material Design and Cupertino widgets. Below are some of the elegant features of Flutter:
- APIs are highly feature-filled.
- It has a solid testing framework for performing UI, unit, and functionality tests.
- Highly appealing and friendly design.
- Cross-platform apps with native-like performance.
- Support for both iOS and Android.
- Very good reload feature that enables seamless testing without having to restart the application.
- Features quick rendering, a screen reader, and attractive themes.
React Native is an open-source cross-platform app development framework developed by Facebook and released in 2015. This framework for mobile app development has become a likeable aspect for developers due to its abilities in fast development, and implementation with support to both iOS apps and Android apps. React Native relies on React, a great JS library, to build applications on both the operating system. This cross-platform characteristic enables developers to write the code only once and execute it elsewhere. This makes the Android mobile app development process relatively quick and cost-effective.
Generally, the developers seem to face difficulties such as the Codebase differences, Iteration Period, and Imperative programming. React Native provides the best solution to all those problems, making it a leader among the new Android app development frameworks.
Other key features are:
- React Native has built-in UI components and native API access, enabling Android apps with a sophisticated look and excellent performance.
- Smooth interaction with third party extensions.
- Quick development and implementation.
- Reusable components with great performance.
- It brags about the hot-reload feature, which allows the developers to update files without interrupting the app’s current state.
Xamarin is owned by Microsoft, and it stands unique among the cross-platform app development frameworks for Android and iOS since it takes only a few lines of code for development. As they use C# language, the result is a faster mode of coding with minimal time. There is also a viable option to transfer the scripts to multiple systems like Windows or macOS. Generally, there is a feeling that if you stress about developing applications in a shorter period, then you may be sacrificing the overall quality of the product. But Xamarin offers the best quality coupled with native-like performance. The framework consists of an intermediate layer that manages the link between standard and core system codes. Xamarin is aided by an active community that offers a better use of APIs, backends, components, and tools. Moreover, the combination of Visual Studio IDE, and Xamarin helps gain better efficiency and output. Exclusive features of Xamarin include:
- Cross-platform app development with native-like experience.
- Xamarin brags an advanced toolset for developers to work with shared code written in C# or XAML.
- Code-sharing feature cuts down the coding time and number of bugs for developers.
- Multi-device compatibility.
- Faster updates.
- It leverages Microsoft’s cloud testing service, thereby making app testing easy on various devices.
- It hosts a simple CLI, enabling access to emulators, live load, logging, and other interesting features.
- Ionic framework integrates quite easily with other libraries such as AngularJS and Cordova.
- Cordova’s plugins enhance the functionality of the framework through various components such as a camera, and GPS.
- Quicker time for development.
- Robust and stable platform.
- Integrated UI components.
- Comprehensive stability for app development.
- Engaging and beneficial developer community.
jQuery Mobile greatly reduces the workload of developers. This means, a developer has to write the code only once and the development framework will execute it on virtually every other platform. Some more features of jQuery Mobile:
- Web pages developed using this framework are simple, user-friendly, and more interactive.
- This Android app development framework also includes various plugins such as Content-Slider, Image Slider, Pop-Up Boxes, and many more.
- It is easily compatible with other mobile app frameworks and platforms like PhoneGap and Worklight.
Besides Android, other operating systems can also leverage Cordova for mobile app development. Exclusive features of Apache Cordova include:
- Single source of code.
- This makes the integration of Cordova’s code into larger native apps achievable.
- This new Android app development framework features an extended plugin library, third-party software tools, and a growing community.
- Third party app management methods.
- Restructuring the development practice.
- This framework enables developers to work without hardware-specific limitations.
Corona SDK framework for Android:
Corona SDK framework was introduced in 2009. It is a free-to-use framework for Android with a simple syntax. Corona SDK is a highly advanced 2D mobile development platform for both iOS and Android.
This framework is mainly popular for Android game development. But, developers also use it as a common framework for Android app development. Corona SDK is available for both Windows and MAC OS and uses only a single code base that can build apps and games for mobile and desktop.
Key Features of Corona SDK framework include:
- Faster development process, it is 10 times faster than other Android frameworks.
- It employs Lua for its app backend framework. Lua is a multi-model programming language that is easy to learn, lightweight, and robust in nature.
- It consists of many built-in feature-rich APIs, many plugins, and a dynamic advertising platform for the developers.
- Real-time testing is easy and it also supports native UI.
Some key features of Sencha Touch are:
- With its UI components and native themes, this framework helps create highly appealing mobile apps.
- Richness in fluid animations and smooth scrolling to the applications.
- Businesses report that it has a high degree of compatibility, responsive touch features, and swift execution.
This special android framework is based on HTML and supports a codeless UI. Hence a person need not learn coding to use this framework for Android app development.
TheAppBuilder is appropriate for creating information-based Android apps. Its drag-and-drop feature enables you to assemble the apps quickly and easily.
Some unique features of TheAppBuilder are:
- Comes with built-in blocks that include functionalities such as content updates, feedback, polls, push notifications, and much more.
- It integrates adequately with Google Play flaunting a social media presence.
This is an open-source app development framework supported by the Bulgarian software company Telerik. NativeScript is one of the best Android app development frameworks and a top hybrid app development SDK.
Some important features of this app development framework are:
- It saves time and money in the app development process.
- This will make all Android and iOS APIs fully accessible for the developers.
- This framework offers a chance to easily reuse Android SDKs and CocoaPods and search for free app samples, plugins, and templates.
Generally, developers use SproutCore for its clear MVC design, which provides performance optimization and scalability.
Some key features of this framework are:
- This Android framework includes an extensive set of more than 50,000 tools.
- These tools are well-suited for creating desktop-like applications in a browser, including routing, UI components, testing, and deployment tools.
- Reusable application code and well-thought-out business logic, the development framework has become one of the best in its field.
Are you looking for a mobile app development platform that offers simple and self-making ways to develop customised applications? Then SwiftiC is the right choice that enables developers to include the latest online aspects for app development. This is a unique app development platform in terms of flexibility, sublime user experience, and up-front approaches. This app development framework associates all the advanced technological updates to benefit the user, making them stay connected with your product. It has a combined control panel that enables the developers to develop, deploy and update the product from one place with a simple solution.
Some of the exclusive features of this framework include:
- Easy navigations and integration approach.
- Robust integration with third parties.
- Monthly money-back assurance programs.
- Flexible nature and amazing user experience.
Some of the key features of this app development framework are:
- It has a unique feature. Developers can create multi-platform apps by deploying around 60%-90% of the existing code.
- It gives native API access for operating systems including Android, iOS, Blackberry, HTML5, and Universal Windows.
- Android apps built with this framework enjoy the advantage of using hardware-specific features.
- It contains Android menu buttons, OS-centric controls, and platform-specific notifications.
Which Android App Development Framework should you choose for Mobile App Development in 2022?
Every business or app development project has a unique set of requirements. It’s not possible to say any one Android framework is the best for the mobile app development of your project. You need to compare the above-mentioned features that every Android framework offers and match those with the functionalities your application needs.
Mobile app development trends are experiencing a makeshift in pattern concerning the script, integrations, development platforms, methods of development, deployment, and maintenance. Hence it is important to select the app development framework that suits your business goals and user needs for getting profitable and brand-enhancing outcomes. It is highly possible when working with a professional app development company like ISH Technologies, which has expertise in delivering profitable and brand-enhancing results.
ISH Technologies is a leading mobile development company in Brisbane that provides web and mobile app development services throughout Australia. We are here to help you choose the most feasible Android app development framework and other tools for your mobile app projects. To get free app development cost estimates and feedback on your app idea, make a free consultation call with our experts here.